Monday, September 29, 2008

Apple Picking Machine Ideas

Well I have started many a sketch for my apple picking machine. I was having a bit of trouble with one because I had a particular look in mind.....I knew I kinda wanted it to look something like the breakfast making contraption from Pee Wees Big Adventure. Kind of homemade, reconstituted items all working together to accomplish one simple task (like making breakfast...or....picking apples). I stumbled upon 2 illustrators that basically illustrate mainly only these contraptions. They have spent days and days (maybe) thinking through the processes of what their design needed to accomplish and built something that not only solves the original "problem" but do it with the utmost creativity.

Heath Richardson's Potato Peeling Machine:




















Rube Goldberg's Automatic Back Stratcher
:

1 comment:

Langara CS - Tak Yukawa said...

Hi Kelly,
Interesting thoughts. Just wanted to make sure you're starting your sketches soon. For inspiration, check out what Eugene has going on.

Looks like you're having fun blogging!

cheers
tak